Preview of Paris Fashion Week AW’17
From February 28th to March 7th, the fashion world will be in a frenzy as the capital of fashion itself takes on its annual ready-to-wear women’s Autumn/Winter collections to close off Fashion Week in style. Global brands such as Dior, Hermes and Chanel will all take on Paris and, due to recent business structure shakeups at some brands, we will be on the edge of our seats.
This is easily exemplified by Chloe since this will be the last collection by Clare Waight Keller, who is stepping down in March after a solid six years at the house as creative director. How will she showcase the end of her reign?
Lanvin’s previous collections also had the brand facing its first loss in revenue after several years; will Bouchra Jarrar continue her endeavours to build a strong revamp for the company?
Additionally, as we recently saw at Paris Men’s Fashion Week, political statements have been infused in almost every collection as a subtle form of protest, resistance and as simply portraying some love (see below – Bernie Sanders and Balenciaga). Will this trend continue to soar?
Not to mention, the popularity of luxury streetwear brands also grabbing a piece of the younger demographic market share. How will Margiela, Off-White and Comme Des Garcons create new statement pieces for the youth?
Will any new collaborations take place? Will a digital fashion show be provided for the brands? Will diversity continue to rise as NYFW included more plus sized models?
From protests to new faces at corporate level to collaborations, one can tell extreme anticipation is in the air for Paris Fashion Week ’17.
Some key shows to look out for are:
- Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello – February 28th
- Lanvin by Bouchra Jarrar – March 1st
- Chloe by Claire Waight Keller – March 2nd
- Off-White by Virgil Abloh – March 2nd
- Christian Dior by Maria Grazia Chiuri – March 3rd
- Comme Des Garcons by Rei Kawakubo – March 4th
- Celine by Phoebe Philo – March 5th
- John Galliano by John Galliano – March 5th
- Hermes by Nadège Vanhee-Cybulsk – March 6th
- Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld – March 7th
- Louis Vuitton by Nicolas Ghesquière – March 8th
Check out the schedule below for more details.